Monday, January 13, 2014

Post 13

Over break I was thinking about my goal and how I was going to accomplish it.  I thought about it and becoming a yoga instructor is expensive and very time consuming.  There are people who become yoga teachers for their profession and it takes up all their time.  I would be becoming a yoga teacher along with being a student full time.  But I talked to my teacher and he told me I shouldn't change my goal just because I probably won't accomplish it.  So right now how I am going to work towards my goal is just becoming better at yoga and perfecting more poses.  
In addition, I have to start thinking about my presentation at the end of the year.  I need to think about what yoga has taught me and how it has impacted me.  Also, I need to include why it is important for everyone.  

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ella,
    My name is Meghan, I'm a teacher candidate at the University of Saint Joseph and my specific major is in Special Education. I'm a senior who just finished student teaching last semester and I'm excited to have the chance to be your blog pal for this semester through my EDUC 210 class.
    Outside the classroom I've been a ballet/modern dancer for 20 years. I have taken my fair share of yoga classes to help with strength and balance. It is great that your goal is to become a yoga teacher. It isn't easy and takes time and dedication. Even if you don't accomplish this goal by the time your project is due doesn't mean you cant keep pushing towards this goal. The yoga teacher that used to teach at my studio was an older women who went to college first, had a career, and then years down the road became a yoga teacher. She kept up the practice of yoga and later in life accomplished her goal. This project can be the start of a long term goal for you to works towards, so don't give up on this goal you set for yourself. Look into the history/philosophy of yoga to help put meaning into the poses your learning. I know when I looked into the poses I was surprised that some of these poses had such powerful meanings behind them.
    It sounds like you have a really great project here and if you have any questions or need any assistance feel free to ask.
    ~ Meghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan,
      Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! I appreciate them!
      - Ella

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ella! My name is Juliana and I am a sophomore at Burlington high school in Massachusetts and I just wanted you to know that I think it's amazing what you are doing! I am a gymnast so yoga is something I definitely could be interested in and I never would have even considered it if I hadn't read this blog! Keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure you can achieve your dream and become a full-time student and a yoga instructor, I'm sure you can make it work! :) -Juliana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliana,
      Thanks so much for the encouragement! I am so happy my blog inspired you to try out yoga! I'm sure yoga will be great cross training for gymnastics. -Ella

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete