Friday, March 28, 2014

Ted talk ideas and lacrosse

Lacrosse started about three  weeks ago and I have only gone to one yoga class!  I really miss it but I just don't have enough time in my day.  Spring break is coming up soon so I'll have more time for yoga.  Also, there are only a few more months of school left and in the summer I'll be able to get back to my usual yoga routine so I'm pretty excited.
I've been brainstorming on what I'm going to talk about in my speech and I have some ideas.  My first idea is to talk about individualism.  I got this idea because in yoga your practice isn't supposed to look like someone else's.  Yoga is all about how you express yourself through each pose.  My headstand might not look like your headstand and that's okay.  This can be related to life.  My life is not yours so of course we are different in more ways than one.  It's okay to not be the same as other people in your life because your not supposed to be.  And it's okay if our warrior poses aren't identical, they shouldn't be.  Instead of trying to make my warrior pose look like yours, I should just embrace my individual expression of the pose.  In life we should embrace our differences because they are there for a reason.




1 comment:

  1. Ella,
    Glad to see that you're still putting an effort to try to go to yoga with your rough lacrosse schedule. Once the summer comes I hope you can do some more yoga classes. It will be a great way to stay in shape but also relax.
    I hope your project goes well, it sounds like you have some really good ideas. Have a great week!
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete