Sunday, April 27, 2014

More speech ideas

Last week was spring break and I have made lots of progress with my speech ideas.  I know that the main topic of my talk is going to be on individualism.  I'm going to go into detail about how yoga made me realize the importance of individualism and how being an individual is how people realize what their calling in life is-calling as in what someone wants to do/accomplish throughout their lifetime.  
Also, in my talk I'm going to include some quotes.  Some that I have found that embody the idea of individualism include:
 “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” 
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.” 
― Judy Garland
“I wore black because I liked it. I still do, and wearing it still means something to me. It's still my symbol of rebellion -- against a stagnant status quo, against our hypocritical houses of God, against people whose minds are closed to others' ideas.” 
― Johnny Cash

I might use one of these quotes or I might find another; quote suggestions are welcome! 

In addition, I have been thinking about giving my talk and i'm starting to get nervous.  I don't have much experience in giving speeches and I don't want to mess up.  The part of giving my speech that i'm most nervous for is blanking.  I don't want to be up there on stage and then just completely blank and forget my train of thought. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ella,
    I really like the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote for your project, I think it would send a strong message about your project and what you found about yourself through this process. When you’re up on stage before you begin take a deep breath and pick our your friends in the audience and speak to them. This always help me when I have to give a speech to a big group. I know your project and presentation will be fantastic! Best of luck!
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete